Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Venting...Residual Income

Lately, I've been going to networking events, meeting great business people/entrepreneurs and I enjoy doing this. Unfortunately, there has been an aspect that has increasing began to get under my skin. That is, business persons who are trying to recruit others to sell their products/services so that they can gain residual income.

Now don't get my wrong - I am sure there are people out there looking for ways to generate additional streams of income, I'm just not one of them. And more importantly, can I take a moment to learn about your actual product/service and what it provides before I'm bombarded with invitations to sales meetings.

You see, selling your product is what YOU do, not what "I" do. I might want to use the product/service, but being pushy and trying to help me understand why I should take on an additional business is not very appealing to me. Actually it totally turns me off to the point where I don't even want to learn about your product/service anymore.

I'll have more substance with my next post, but I just had to get that out.

tj

No comments: