Tuesday, March 10, 2009

As the Business Turns...

Is your business always evolving? When was the last time you looked at your business plan? Is it totally different now? Did you think you want to offer a specific service only to find out that it isn’t quite where you want to end up.

As business owners we may often find ourselves in that state of mind. This isn’t all bad because typically that innovative thinking and ability to create is what made us small business owners to begin with.

I believe I’m experiencing a metamorphosis of my business. Being an executive assistant is what I know, but acting more as productivity, efficiency consultant for my clients is what I enjoy more. Thinking about those years of basically running the operations for Vice Presidents for many years, I’m finding that the more in depth avenues of business is what I enjoy – perhaps that’s why I got a business degree – go figure. I enjoy helping them brainstorm for a new marketing tag lines, helping them put together a request for proposal, apply for government certifications and just basically anything that will improve the operations of their business, while they continue working on it.

Because of that I’m looking deeper into online business management services for my new, existing and future clients, who want to go beyond what they are doing but don’t have the time to give to doing to. I’m looking forward to sharing more about these plans in the next month or two.. in the meantime, I guess I had better update my business plan.

No comments: